Customize Your Child’s Orthodontic Treatment Plan
At Smiles by Dr. W and Dr. R, we really get to know your family member in order to create a customized treatment plan. We begin our relationship with a complimentary consultation in our Boca Raton, FL and Coral Springs, FL orthodontist offices. For the best orthodontic results for children, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends a first orthodontic visit by their 7th birthday.
We also recommend beginning orthodontic treatment before all of their permanent teeth come in. For optimal results, we can treat your child in two phases: the first focusing on the jaw and the second on the teeth.
Your First Appointment
Your complimentary consultation is our way of helping you get the information you need to make the best decision for your smile. During the consultation, you will receive the following:
- A check of your dental and health history
- A complete oral exam, including 3D imaging
- A customized treatment plan
- A payment strategy based on insurance, payment plans, and your financial information
- The oral exam is especially important because it helps us determine if you or your child would benefit from orthodontic treatment. It also helps us create your customized treatment plan. By the end of your consultation, you should feel confident that our office has the solution you need.
Orthodontic treatment must be monitored closely to ensure success. You will need to visit our office every 4-8 weeks for a routine check. These appointments normally last only 20-40 minutes, and we will work with you to make sure the visits happen when it’s most convenient for you.
In the event that you need to reschedule, just give us a call! We are happy to accommodate your schedule as much as possible. After all, life happens!
Upon your arrival at Smiles by Dr. W & Dr. R, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.