Invisalign Straightens Teeth With No One Knowing
People love the straight smile they get from braces. What they don’t love as much are the braces themselves. Specifically, they don’t love:Dr. Rothstein on Invisalign Read Transcript
Invisalign, again, can be a very good alternative to braces, to conventional brackets. It's usually in teenagers when they just don't want to have braces. And let's say a 16 year-old comes in, some of them are gung-ho about it and that's great, but some just don't want it at that point. With a responsible teen, it's a great tool. With Invisalign these days, we can correct a lot of things. I was just on a webinar with them like, two hours ago going over some new little tips and tricks and things like that.
It's become a tool that we, again, it's all about having tools and so every person—you’re treating different people. So two people with the same bite, same ... you could have two identical twins with totally different personalities, totally different wants and needs, one’s an actor, one's not, and they can't have this, and they need this. And so, you've just—the key is to have as many tools in your toolbox so that you can meet each of those person's needs while getting a great result. That's, I guess, the best way of looking at it.
- Length of treatment
- Not eating favorite foods like apples or popcorn
- Visible wires, brackets, and rubber bands
- Difficulty cleaning them
There are newer orthodontics options that eliminate many of these hassles. Our Boca Raton, FL and Coral Springs, FL orthodontists are a Premier Provider of Invisalign, a system that uses clear plastic aligners instead of metal wires and brackets to straighten your teeth.
Invisalign Is an Easy-Care Alternative to Braces
One of Invisalign’s key advantages is that you can remove your BPA-free plastic aligners. Since you take your aligners out to eat, you won’t have to avoid favorite foods out of fear they could damage or get stuck in your braces. It also makes it easier to keep both your teeth and your aligners clean. You can easily brush and floss before putting your aligners back in.
Additional Advantages of Invisalign
- More comfortable. With no metal wires or brackets to rub against your mouth and gums, most people find Invisalign aligners more comfortable to wear than braces.
- Predictable treatment plan. We take impressions of your teeth and use special software to create your treatment plan. We can tell you how many aligners you’ll use and how long your treatment will last, assuming you wear the aligners as directed.
- Fewer office visits. While you’ll check in with us periodically to see if your treatment is progressing as planned, you’ll need fewer checkups than required with braces.
- Treatment available for teens. Invisalign Teen is made especially for younger patients. It even allows us to monitor the aligners for compliance so you know your child is wearing their braces during the day. Your teen can straighten their teeth without worrying about the types of food they eat, not being able to play a musical instrument, or getting a mouth injury from braces while playing sports!
Answering Some Common Invisalign Questions
We’re happy to talk to you about Invisalign, if you call or visit our Boca Raton, FL or Coral Springs, FL orthodontist office. But we’ve provided answers here for some of the questions we hear frequently
- How does Invisalign work? We use photos, digital impressions, and other measurements to create your treatment plan. A special Invisalign lab then makes custom aligners for you. You change to a new set of aligners every two weeks. The aligners gently move your teeth into proper alignment over time.
- Can I take my aligners out any time? Yes. But if you don’t consistently wear the aligners for at least 22 hours a day, you risk lengthening your treatment time.
- Will Invisalign work for me? While Invisalign isn’t appropriate for anyone who still has primary teeth, it can be used by teenagers or adults. Teeth that are severely out of alignment or have more complex bite issues may respond better to braces or other orthodontic treatment. The best way to find out if it is right for you is to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Peter Wohlgemuth or Dr. Ira Rothstein.
Both of our dentists are active members of professional organizations like American Association of Orthodontists, Florida Association of Orthodontists and American Dental Association, to name a few.
To book your complimentary Invisalign consultation at our Boca Raton, FL or Coral Springs, FL orthodontist office, call 561-327-6775 or use our online form. In addition to Boca Raton, FL and Coral Springs, FL, we serve the nearby communities of Parkland, FL; Delray Beach, FL; and Boynton Beach, FL.