We Treat TMJ Disorders with Splints and Massage TherapyOur orthodontists treat TMJ disorders with:
- massage therapy
- custom splints (similar to mouthguards) that work by keeping your teeth slightly apart
- a combination of the two
Are You Experiencing Symptoms of TMJ Disorder?TMJ disorder can be tricky to diagnose because many of its symptoms can also be caused by other health disorders. In addition to their extensive training and hands-on experience in treating it, Dr. Wohlgemuth and Dr. Ira Rothstein use high-tech tools to help them identify TMDs. Our advanced dental technology includes:
- 3D imaging, which gives us a comprehensive view of your mouth and jaw.
- iTero® Intraoral Scanners, which use digital technology instead of messy molding material when we take teeth impressions to fit your for a custom splint or mouthguard.
- Trouble moving your jaw, or a jaw that gets “stuck”
- Soreness in your face and/or neck
- Pain when opening or closing your mouth
- Chronic headaches and migraines